Monday, September 23, 2013

Goodbye Summer


It was an eventful summer.

I have never completed as many manuscripts in such a short period of time - February to September. Three. None of them below 100K.

Of course, having a contract position that only lasted till June helped, so I basically sat in front of the computer throughout summer and wrote thousands of words a day. One manuscript, The Deepest Ocean, has been accepted by Samhain (yay!) and I just sent the sequel off as well. The third manuscript needs editing, but since I’m not only a bit tired but need to find a job, I’m taking a short break from writing and returning to blogging as well.

So. Hi, blogosphere! I’m back!

6 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

That's wonderful! Congrats!

Marian Perera said...

Thanks, Maria!

It was fun while it lasted.

Randall said...

I was never worried for a moment. Glad that you're back, and that your summer was productive.

Marian Perera said...

Heh. I often get in the zone when I'm writing, and then nothing matters as much as finishing the scene... chapter... book.

Good to see you too! Hope you're enjoying the cooler weather.

Loren said...

Congrats on your return, and it's nice to see your literary career progressing.

Marian Perera said...

Thanks, Loren. I'll keep you guys posted. :)