Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Insomnia


This has never happened to me before, but I guess there's a first time for everything.

After lying in bed wide awake for three hours I finally decided it was better to be exhausted but productive than exhausted and feeling like I hadn't accomplished anything into the bargain. So I got up, answered emails, wrote a lengthy review and studied the bilirubin section in my chemistry notes. Chemistry rotation starts today, and will probably be fueled by vast quantities of this:



On the bright side, though, I have two reviews of Before the Storm
to share, and that's a great way to start the year! The first is from Books Without Any Pictures:

“Before the Storm” contained a lot of strong female characters who rode into battle, blew shit up, and wore chainmail under their dresses.

I love it when women dress prettily and pack heat at the same time.

The second is from the Crazy Bookworm, and this blog is THE go-to place for current YA (just looking at all the lovely covers makes me want to read those rather than chemistry notes).

I have never been much of a Fantasy reader. I have only read a few of them, but could never really get into the genre. However, Before the Storm was a completely different story!... Marian Perera DID NOT skimp out on the Characters, in fact, I believe they were the strongest qualities about the book. I adored Alex, she was such a unique and feisty character.

I think characterization is vital too, and I work hard at that, so it's great to read this.

Off to get ready for work now.

No comments: