Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Zero hour




Today is the paperback release date of Before the Storm. And tonight we're due for a severe storm in southern Ontario. I assure everyone that it's a complete and utter coincidence.

But if you're looking for something to read during a cold wintery night, here's Chapter 1, which is guaranteed to turn up the heat.

Also, to celebrate my impending citizenship I've decided to tell the story of how I had to leave the States, but ended up trapped in the Middle East and had to escape to Canada. Read about it here. Fair warning, though : it's sad in parts and many chapters end in cliffhangers.

But it also has a happy ending... because sometimes real life, like fiction, works out as we hope it will.

4 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Congratulations on your release, Marian!!

I wish you super sales and stellar reviews.

Warmly,
Lisabet

Marian Perera said...

Thanks very much, Lisabet, and hope you enjoy the same success. :)

Randall said...

Belated congratulations on all the latest good news, Marian. Hopefully the book will sell well in paperback (is it doing well in e-format?).

And in reading your story (of your coming to Canada) I found myself appreciating the artistry of it--it takes skill to tell a real story so that, even though we know how it ends, we wonder if it will work out (will she get to Canada?).

Marian Perera said...

Hi Randall,

Thanks! I think the book is doing well in e-book format - before publication, I set myself a certain goal in terms of royalties and decided I'd be satisfied if that goal was reached. And it was, so I'm pleased about that.

I'm even more happy that you enjoyed my non-fiction story. Even if the end of the story was known, I thought there were enough twists and bizarre turns to keep readers interested. Guess so. :)