Friday, December 3, 2010

Happily Ever After Reviews on "Before the Storm"


What a wonderful way to start the day! Check out this recommended read:

...an adult romance about people who are flawed, scarred, burdened, and terribly terribly remarkable. I loved them and I loved this book. I see that it is a trilogy and I am fascinated to see where it will go from here.

And in other news...



Yesterday I took the Canadian citizenship test. It was twenty multiple choice questions, with the passing mark being fifteen. The questions ranged from amazingly simple ("What was the significance of the discovery of insulin?") to the kind you'd better have studied for ("Which province provides the most hydroelectricity?").

Citizenship and Immigration Canada will inform me in three to five months if I've passed, and when that happens I'll be invited to take the oath. After that I can get a Canadian passport, which will be a very good thing since my Sri Lankan passport expired in 2007 and I never bothered to renew it.

And then the world's mine oyster, which I with sword will open. :)

5 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Yay on the review and double yay on the citizenship.

I'm sure you passed with flying colors.

kim said...

congrats! canadians are nice :)

Marian Perera said...

Thanks, Maria and kim! I won't find out for certain until CIC contacts me, of course, but I'm pretty sure I passed. :)

Tara Maya said...

Great review! I am wondering, though, why one really has to know the significance of insulin to be a Canadian, but okay, I mean, I guess it's a good thing to know.

Marian Perera said...

Tara- Because two Canadians discovered insulin. Though given the possible answers, you didn't even need to know that it was discovered by Canadians - the right answer was that it saved the lives of millions of people with diabetes, which I learned back when I was in high school.